Terms and Conditions - Southern Express Packers and Movers
- The term "Company" refers to Southern Express Packers and Movers.
- "Quotation" or "Estimate" refers to a no-obligation contract between the Company and the Customer based on mutually agreed-upon terms and conditions.
- "Customer" refers to the person who contracts with the Company to provide the Services, regardless of whether he owns the Goods or Fixtures.
- "Goods" means the thing or things for which Relocation Services are to be provided, but excluding coins, cash, bank notes, cheques, money orders, postal orders, national saving certificates, premium bonds, travel tickets, passport, securities, manuscripts or documents of any description, Jewellery, Perishable goods, hazardous materials such as Crackers, Explosives, Chemicals, Filled Gas Cylinders, Battery Acids, Inflammable Oils such as Diesel, Petrol, Kerosene,
- Regarding Handyman Services: The company accepts no responsibility for the dismantling or reassembling of particle board furniture, special furniture, or air conditioners. Customers are advised to use Handyman Services for all such materials in advance.
- For vehicle shifting: (a) A copy of all relevant documents in the name of the transferee or approval from the company to move in a different name must be provided. (b) Vehicles must have approximately 10-15 liters of fuel in order to drive on and off the loading and unloading point. (c) Two Wheelers: Please completely empty the fuel tank / oil to ensure no spillage / leakage during transit.
- The Services are provided during the Company's normal business hours, which are 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. from Monday to Sunday, excluding public holidays. However, we offer 24 hour packers and movers services in Pune by calling 09890371071.
- Any quotation or moving estimate submitted by the Company to provide the Services will be open for acceptance for 15 days after submission and will then be deemed withdrawn.
- Once accepted, the quotation and all of its terms become legally binding. To the exclusion of the Customer, the Company shall determine how the Services are to be provided, and may vary its decision from time to time by mutual agreement only, and shall be charged accordingly.
- If the customer cancels the contract, the deposit for the confirmation or the confirmation advance is forfeited and will not be refunded.
- The Customer must ensure that adequate access to all relevant premises is available for the performance of the Services. If the acres are too narrow for vehicle or people movement, additional fees must be paid to make the delivery arrangement, or the customer can make their own arrangement.
- While rendering relocation services the company excludes i) Split pickup/ multiple pickup and/or deliveries ii) Plant removals / Crating of Any Item if not mentioned in the respective quotation iii) Long carry, society/elevator charges and parking charges iv) vehicle detention, if any v) Storage in transit and any force majeure situation vi) any Government taxes or Octroi / Mathadi /Toll / Entry Tax/Labor Union Charges in any state, if applicable vii) collection or delivery using stairs above 2nd floor (if service lift not provided) viii) special handling charges for items which cannot be accessed through elevator (hoisting/stair carry).
- Unpacking material and debris shall be considered company property, and the company reserves the right to pick up unpacking material. Unpacking Material will be charged at Rs. 75 per carton if retained by the customer for local shifting or extra transport charges for material pick up at a later date will be charged at a minimum of Rs.1500 within Pune city.
- The Insurance does not cover loss or damage resulting from government, customs, or official confiscation. It also does not cover loss or damage to goods packed by the owner, as well as jewelry/cash, deeds, traveler's checks, plants, gas cylinders, alcoholic beverages, contraband, or other prohibited items.
- Internal damages of any kind are also not covered by insurance unless there is evidence of external physical damage. On the day of delivery, any external damage must be noted on the packing inventory. This applies to all electronic devices, such as computers, speakers, and so on. Electrical or mechanical malfunctioning coverage, excluding automobiles, is available and can be added in writing for a 3% premium increase. Customers can also use our Wooden Crate Packing Services at an additional cost.
- The Company will accept no liability for damage to Goods and/or Fixtures unless the Company is given a reasonable opportunity to inspect such damage. Under any circumstances, claims that have been lodged in writing will be entertained by the third-party insurance agent rather than the company.
- The Customer agrees not to make any claim against any servant or agent of the Company that imposes or attempts to impose any liability whatsoever in connection with the Services and, if such a claim is made, to indemnify the Company against all consequences thereof.
- Prior to packing or dispatch, payment must be made by cheque or credit card, with any applicable card fees. Credit until the time of delivery can be granted as a special case with terms and conditions. If the payment is not cleared prior to delivery, the company reserves the right to withhold delivery until the full payment is received.
- Work resulting from this quotation will be carried out in accordance with the Indian Contract Act of 1872. Except where otherwise specified, multiple pick-ups and deliveries are not included. While every precaution is taken during packing, transit risks should be insured. In the absence of insurance coverage, you are deemed to have self-insured the goods.